Friday, May 18, 2007

Hiatus: Over

It feels like a month of Sundays since I've visited The Slant. Life has been unbelievably hectic, in an exciting way. I'm settled into my new Portland digs, and lovin' life back in the "Big City." Work keeps me out almost every night...and it's been fun meeting new people from the community. The only drawback has been the minimal amount of time I've been able to spend with The Posse. I miss my girls. And my Bangor Boy. Note to self: resolve that matter, as soon as possible.

I've been spending my late nights and early mornings writing--the old fashioned way--in a journal. It's been cathartic, in many ways, to write deeply personal thoughts about the experiences I've had over the past years, and to write them only for myself. As my dear friend Sue Comyns always says, "I didn't know what I didn't know." I'm digging deep into myself, cutting through the layers to get to the marrow of who I am. It's been revealing, it's been brutal at times, but I can feel an awakening within me, and it's something to celebrate. When you realize that you've effectively tethered some of the most colorful parts of who you are, you come alive in surprising ways when you free those parts and let them breathe again. I am happy, content, at peace, for the first time in many years. It feels wonderful.

This self-healing, this forward motion, is allowing my friendships to deepen, grow, and they are becoming a powerful part of my life. The Posse. I am ever mindful of the profoundness of those relationships. We are quite a motley crew, so different in so many ways, yet connected by the deepest of bonds that come from sharing each other's joys and sorrows. Corey, Kimm & Jen, Jenn & Carolyn and Baby Meghan, Kevin...they have become part of my soul. The Posse. Beautiful, magical connections that run so deep. We are all rooted together, I know for the rest of our lives. I am so grateful.

And as I move about in the world, exploring new friendships and relationships, I have such a sense of authenticity because I am feeling so connected to the truest parts of who I am. I wake every day and feel reborn. What's the Albert Einstein quote...
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.


I am living life like it is a miracle.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We love you too...mushy one.

Meghan will always look up to her Auntie "D"....