Wednesday, November 21, 2007

creating change

Sitting in my inbox are plane and hotel reservations for Creating Change, the largest LGBT conference in the country, sponsored by the Task Force. Sweet. It's their 20th, so it should be amazing. I have ranted before about the OTHER national organization, but I have a special place in my heart for The Task Force. I wouldn't be doing this work if it weren't for them because they funded my job for the first two years. And they took a HUGE chance on me, considering I had zero experience when I was offered the position at EqualityMaine. Most of what I know about organizing I learned from them.

It's going to be great...2000 queer and allied activists. And it's in Detroit this year. So J can give me a list of queer hotspots to visit while I'm there.

Should be a Gay Old Time, for sure.

No comments: