Saturday, November 03, 2007

storm brewin'

The remnants of Hurricane Noel will make a guest appearance today in the Pine Tree State. I'm excited. I am a crazy weather freak. Mother Nature is one passionate Bad Ass and I love it when she gets sassy (my kinda woman, and that's a true story.) And it looks like she's going to do a little dance and make a little love on the East Coast. Love it love it love it.

And I love that it's Hurricane Noel, because it reminds me so much of my sweet angel Alex (see One More For Alex). Back in the good old days, and after 4 or 5 six ounce tumblers of Glenlivet, Alex would bring out his camel hair coat (he would always say this was the famous stolen coat of Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye...GOD I miss that boy!). Then he would put on a Noel Coward record and do THE most amazing and hysterically funny drag-queen-lip-sync-rendition of Mad Dogs and Englishman. It was...fabulous.

You can't appreciate how much talent it requires to pull off such a feat (particularly if you're a little tanked on scotch) unless you've heard the song.

So..in honor of Mother Nature, Hurricane Noel, and My Most Beautiful and Beloved Alex, here's Noel Coward, making history on CBS in 1955. Oh, and you can click here for the lyrics, just in case you can't keep up. :>

No comments: