Tuesday, December 11, 2007

oh boston

In the summer of '85 (oh gawd I am aging myself now, for sure...) I worked as a counselor at a day camp. Four of my "charges" were autistic children of varying degrees, and I fell in love with all of them...beautiful, gifted and loving kids.

I am also a die-hard-was-wearing-a-boston-cap-in-the-womb Red Sox fanATIC.

So I was delighted to see this youtube video posted on gaynet this morning.

On Disabilities Awareness Day, inside my beloved Fenway Park, a young man with autism was chosen to sing the National Anthem.

He got a serious case of the giggles and just look and see what the 45,000 fans did to help him get through the song.

It's just the sweetest thing...and thanks to MB for the original gaynet post.






1 comment:

Michael said...

awwwwwwww.

I love it.

Go Sox fans!