Saturday, January 26, 2008

breathe me

so i am a HUGE fan of the HBO series Six Feet Under. if you've never watched it, go out and rent the first season. now. you'll quickly become addicted because, well, it's goddamn brilliant. i never felt like i was watching a television show...it was more like...hmmm...an out-of-freaking-body-experience. the final minutes of its last episode were absolute genius, just an extraordinary way to end an impeccably written series that achieved perfection with a truly sensational cast. (i know, i know, that's a shitload of adjectives, but like i said, i am a serious fan. ) halfway through those final minutes i stood up in the middle of my livingroom and clapped and cheered and cried like a damn fool. seriously, my cats were certain i had finally and totally and utterly lost my only mind.

the song that was playing during those last breathtaking moments has haunted me and i finally, FINALLY found it on youtube. gotta love youtube.

sia...breathe me.

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

wow.

check it out:




2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh just hearing that song makes me want to rent that last episode and watch it all over again. In my mind, six feet under is far and away the best television series ever.

and this song is just gorgeous.

Matt said...

holy shit. hearing just the first few notes of that song made me feel like i couldn't breathe, which is how i felt watching the end of that show after living with those characters for so long. it was just perfect.