Sunday, May 18, 2008

listening to

on the way down to shapleigh today, i threw in an old pat benatar cd...precious time, 1984. oh my god how i love that damn cd. i was just rockin' on route 111, singing every song at the top of my damn lungs and feelin'...free.

pat benatar was a goddess to me all through high school and into my college years. my college roommate and i must have played her albums a thousand times. over and over and over again.

i was just coming out at the tail end of the 80's, and for me, pat benatar was THE perfect woman. sexy, femme, and full of attitude. her look (those stiletto heels!) her music, her bravado, her sassiness...wow. i was utterly smitten.

i found this video today...promises in the dark...the first cut on the album.

dee-licious.

god DAMN i love the 80's.

1 comment:

MRMacrum said...

You love the 80's like I loved the 60s and 70s. The 80s were pretty forgettable for me. They started and because I was hard into starting a family, making a living, owning a home, I turned around and it was 1992 and Bill Clinton was being sworn in.

If we are lucky we should always have some period in our lives we look back on with rose colored glasses and never take them off.