Thursday, May 01, 2008

random thoughts while i wipe the sleepies outta my eyes

in bizarro world, AP has reported a story about 3 residents of the Isle of Lesbos who are taking a local queer group to court over the use of the word lesbian. um, yeah. my favorite quote from the story:

"My sister can't say she is a Lesbian," said Dimitris Lambrou. "Our geographical designation has been usurped by certain ladies who have no connection whatsoever with Lesbos," he said.

Oh Dimitris, lesbehonest, I ain't no lady. Pah-leeze.

I also enjoyed the exercise in aliteration by cnn.com, who picked up the story from AP: Lesbos Ladies Launch Lesbian Lawsuit. I say we lesbians get on the next boat to Lesbos and protest. Or at least show solidarity by smearing each other with tanning lotion while enjoying the sights. Oh! Perhaps my employer will allow me to set up an office in Lesbos to fight for the right to be Lesbians. Clearly they need me. I'm submitting a request. Today.

**********


I am now addicted to The Wire, a brilliant HBO series about the drug scene in Baltimore as told through the dealers, the cops and the politicians. It has a documentary feel to it, and it's fabulous. [warning: the following youtube link contains adult content. not for the squeamish, for the prudish, or for The Michaels to view. Just sayin'. ha. fifty bucks says The Michaels are now you-tubing as we speak. i can see the headlines... "Radical Homosexual Activist Posts X-Rated Videos on Blog, Direct Impact on Soaring Gas Prices and Home Foreclosures Expected"] The crime scene investigation in episode 3 elevates the use of my favorite four letter word to a whole new level. Serious. Fuckity, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. Can I get an amen, Wire Addicts?


**********


I heart Steve Wessler, for a million reasons, and here's one of them.

**********


And on a related topic, I will end these random musings with this editorial cartoon from today's Portland Press Herald.

Hope y'all have a Lesbianating Kinda Day.





2 comments:

MRMacrum said...

Maybe it would be easier to have the Isle of Lesbos change their name to Thesbos. Then the residents can call themselves Thespians. Kind of a high class feel to it, don't ya think?

toklas23 said...

brilliant idea Mr. Macrum! That will be my first order of business when I set up shop on the island.