Wednesday, July 16, 2008

tagged

i never, ever do MEMEs, but i am making an exception for mr. macrum over at lost in the bozone. like dawn on mdi, i have very few "blogging" friends, and the few i have, like jenny jeez, and well, dawn and mr. macrum, have been cancelled out for obvious reasons. so if you're a blogger reading this blog, um, tag, you're it.

i have about five minutes to answer these questions. it's gonna be short and sweet.

1) What is your favorite quotable line from a Movie?

being the movie freak that i am, there are many. but like i said, five minutes. so i'll pick my favorite exchange from The Princess Bride:

Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya: What's that?

Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

ask me this question in three hours, i'll probably have a new answer.

2) Who is the most famous person you have spoken to?

i am a political junkie, so who i consider famous most people have never heard of. i remember the first time i met mary bonauto. she introduced herself to me and she said "it's so nice to finally meet you, and i'm so grateful for all your hard work." i almost peed my pants. even though i now consider her a friend, i still have to pinch myself sometimes when i'm around her. my job allows me to meet all kinds of a sort-of famous political folk...you know, the usual suspects, Maine's washington delegation, the governor, etc. etc.

i had a beer with stephen king back in my u-maine days. i made a smart cocktail for glenn close once. i've met bonnie raitt. the indigo girls. donna rose.

mary's still my highlight though. bar none.

3) How many bags/boxes of Potato Chips are consumed at your place in a month?

i'm one of those people that requires something crunchy with a sandwich. or pizza. i also need a handful of salty chips after consuming something sweet, especially if it's icecream. or a brownie. so my estimate is two bags per month. sun chips are my favorite. the french onion kind. mmm-mmm-good. i also love cheetos but get irritated by the orange fingers i sport after eating them.

4) Who is your all time favorite Cartoon Character?

betty freakin' boop. or josie and all her pussy cats.

5) What foreign food Dish do you prepare from scratch and Serve?

that's just not funny. it's a well-known fact that i don't cook. i heat-up a mean Amy's Cheese Enchilada.

6) What is your favorite section of the Supermarket?

due to reasons discussed in answer #5, i am partial to the frozen foods section. i also love the fruit and vegetable section. i think it's the colorful array that attracts me. or something.

7) What was your high school teams mascot and what were the school's colors?

we were the Massabesic Mustangs and our colors were kelly green and white.

-----------------------------

i feel like i've gained immeasurable positive karmic points for doing this.

happy wednesday y'all.

3 comments:

MRMacrum said...

Excellent all around. Made me chuckle here in Acton. Number 5 was especially funny.

It's odd that famous or near famous people do not get get some of us all wet. I know I should be slack jawed over some of the people I have met in my life, but I guess just being famous is not enough for me. Seems it works that way for you also.

Jenna said...

I think I should give you an easy bake cooking lesson...

Dawn on MDI said...

You are an odd, odd duck, Huntress. Very odd. Not in a bad way, mind you, but certainly not your average bear. It is an adventure knowing you.